This policy sets out Enhance Energy Solution Limited’s use of and protection of data and information.
Enhance Energy South Wales Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in line with the Data Protection Act and should we ask you to provide any information by which you can be identified than you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
This policy has most recently been updated on 9th November 2013.
Collection of data
The personal information that we gather in the course of business may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Name and address
- Contact details (such as address, telephone number and email address)
- Electricity supplier and payment details
- Credit history
Use of data
This personal information is used in order to better understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Specifically, we will use this information to carry out our obligations under any agreements we enter into with you (such as Green Deal agreements).
We may use the information:
- To centrally register your property’s energy performance
- To process your Green Deal application
- To carry out credit, fraud prevention and other financial enquiries
- To ensure collection of repayments
- To enable sale or transfer to a third party of any monies owing under a Green Deal plan
- To provide administrative services related to your Green Deal plan such as providing statements, auditing records and debt collection
- To carry out internal statistical analysis.
Sharing of data
In the course of our business we may be required to share your information, and obtain further information from, a number of organisations as a part of a Green Deal agreement. These organisations may include (but are not limited to):
- Organisations providing finance for your Green Deal agreement
- Energy companies who currently are, have been or will be supplying you with electricity
- The bill payer and/or property improver of the property where Green Deal works are to be carried out
- Organisations providing insurance and guarantees on the works and equipment; these may then place data onto a register of claims in order to prevent fraudulent claims
- Prospective buyers, tenants or landlords of the property where Green Deal works are carried out
- The Green Deal Oversight and Registration Body
- The Secretary of State, relevant Ombudmen, Office of Fair Trading, UKAS and certification bodies as required by laws or regulations
- Any other company or business associated with us, including third parties that provide services on our behalf
- Any party to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and obligations under a Greed Deal agreement